Sunday, June 6, 2010

Stelzer Park Trail (#6)

I hadn't planned on hiking near Wild Cat Canyon Road again so soon. However, since I had to drive all the way back to Oak Oasis Trail to recover my abandoned walking stick from last night's walk, it only made sense that I make my next hike at another nearby trail.

It just so happens that on the right hand side of Wild Cat Canyon Road, a mere two miles before Oak Oasis, one will find this shady little spot known as

The reason I know about Stelzer is that my wife, and the rest of her first grade team, have been bringing their first graders here for the past several years. So, I figured that if THEY can do it, so can I!

The two mile trail itself looped out, up, around, and back to the park. I could have made the trail a little longer had I not missed the path up to the two nearby peaks. That's okay, that sounded like too much work anyway.

This would be a great place to go for a family outing. Lots of picnic tables, grills, a playground, and the trail really is very nice and appropriate for all ages.   MAP

No comments:

Post a Comment